Free Wedding photography
For some, cutting the professional photography can save £1000’s, but your then left with drunk Uncle Bob’s efforts.
My suggestion to U.K brides is to stalk www.gumtree.com and bag yourself a free wedding photographer, take your time, ask questions, request lots of samples and keep your fingers crossed.
Nothing is Free!
Clearly in return for shooting your wedding, the photographer will want permission to use your images, usually as part of their portfolio, on their website and / or for marketing purposes.
- Be prepared, this is going to be a long process!
- Search ‘free wedding photographer’ on GumTree
- Be selective! only pick experienced photographers looking to access the wedding sector and not complete amateurs trying their luck, there are lots of them!
- Try to pick a wedding photographer whose style matches your wedding theme. They will be much more excited shooting something they find interesting or that will really boast their portfolio.
- Be clear about ownership and use of the photographs - it will not be in your favor, but at least negotiate ‘final say’, no one wants an unflattering photo of themselves plastered everywhere :)